Pages

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Thursday was a pretty low key day, it rained most of the day so I didn't do anything in the field. I went to the gym for the first time in a while and then came back to the dorm and read/researched for the rest of the day with Tara and Mollika (study party). Went to the grocery store and got poured on. All in all, pretty lame.

Friday:
Bayoan and I went out to Cuyahoga Valley National Park to meet with some organic farmers whose farms he was going to be doing his research on and I tagged along to chat with Lisa Petit. We spent about 4 hours there and it turns out that neither of our projects were really all that feasible. Lisa did a lot of research on ground nesting grassland birds for her Ph.D. and after talking with her it became abundantly clear that it will be too much work for too little data in the time frame that I have available. So I have to come up with some other idea that won't be useless come 8 weeks from now. Greg and I talked and I have some options, so not all is lost, but it was just a really frustrating turn of events.

No pictures or anything to share. Though on completely unrelated note: I've been practicing guitar pretty much daily and I think I'm starting to see some progress, so hopefully I can keep that up!

No comments:

Post a Comment